Since its founding in 1979, SSP&A has pioneered the application of geochemistry to the field of hydrogeology.
We provide expert services in geochemistry for environmental problems associated with:
- Hazardous waste disposal;
- Chemical and petroleum manufacturing;
- Wood treatment;
- Coal gasification;
- Mining and acid mine drainage;
- Saltwater intrusions;
- Surface-water and sediment contamination.
Services that we offer for Geochemistry
SSP&A's team of geochemists are recognized experts in the field of environmental forensics, and provide services associated with:
- Evaluation of the origin(s), fate, and transport of contaminants;
- Geochemical and isotopic fingerprinting;
- Analysis of environmental problems caused by the presence of compounds such as: PCBs, PCPs, creosotes, perchlorate, nitrate, MTBE, BTEX, arsenic, mercury, lead, and chlorinated and non-chlorinated solvents;
- Interpretation of chemical congeners (PCBs, Dioxins);
- Chronological evaluations;
- Analysis of organic / inorganic interactions;
- Evaluation of geochemical conditions;
- Evaluation of DNAPL and LNAPL sites;
- Assessment of the natural and enhanced attenuation of contaminants;
- Geochemical modeling;
- Litigation support.